Email Setup for Outlook 2003/2007
The Microsoft Office 2003 suite includes Microsoft Outlook 2003. Despite the fact that this third-party email client is available for purchase and use by the general public, it is important to note that Microsoft will cease to support the 2003 suite in April 2014.
Please see the following article for generic settings to use in conjunction with the instructions provided below: General Email Preferences
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2003 or 2007.
2. Then select Tools from the drop-down menu.
3. Select Email Accounts from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Add a New Email Account from the Email Accounts Wizard pop-up menu.
5. Click Next.
6. Select IMAP or POP3 for Server Type on the next screen.
7. Then, on the next screen, click Next.
8. On the next screen, you’ll be asked to provide your email account’s key information, such as:
- Your Name
- E-mail Address
- User Name
- Incoming Mail Server
- Outgoing Mail Server
9. Then select More Setting.
10. Select the Outgoing Server tab in the Internet Email Settings box that displays.
11. Select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication.
Note: If you did not update the SMTP relay area, you can use the same settings as your incoming mail server by selecting Use Same Settings as My Incoming Mail Server. Select Logon Using and input the user name and password if the username and password in the SMTP Relay section of the Manage Account Page were changed.
12. Change the outgoing server (SMTP) port to 25 or 26 under the Advanced tab.
13. Then press OK.
14. Click Next.
15. Finally, press Finish button.