How to Change the Password of An E-mail Account
Webmail or cPanel can be used to make modifications to your email account. Using either method, follow the instructions below to change your email password.
Updating Password through Webmail
This approach can be used by the owner of the email account to change the existing password. Before a new password may be set, the owner must know the old one.
1. Sign in to your webmail account.
2. Next, select Change Password.
3. Type the new password for the email address in the Password field.
4. Type the new password in the Password (Again) field.
5. Finally, select Change Password from the drop-down menu.
A confirmation screen should appear, indicating that your password has been successfully changed.
Modify Email Password through cPanel
If the owner of the email account forgets or loses the password, it can be changed through cPanel. This method does not necessitate the use of the old password.
1. Log into cPanel.
2. Click the Email Accounts icon in the Mail section.
3. Click Change Password to the right of the corresponding email account.
4. The Change Mail Account Settings menu will appear.
5. Type the new password in the Password area.
6. Type the new password in the Password (Again) field.
The Strength Meter will show you how difficult the password you choose is. We strongly advise you to use a strong password.
7. Finally, change the password by clicking Change Password.
You should get a message confirming that your password is correct.