Clearing your browser cache often is good as it helps you to:
- Avoid using old forms
- Allow applications to run better and faster on your computer
- Protect your personal private information
When you visit a website, these are what your browser actually stores:
- downloads, including older versions of forms
- information, including the location of the site that you visited
- files which are used to run online applications
You should clear your browser’s cache in order to update to the most recent version of an online programme. This is because if the cache is not cleared, the earlier forms can still be visible. As a result, surfing websites may experience access issues due to outdated files that are still present.
Here are the steps to clear your cache on Internet Explorer:
1) Open Internet Explorer.
2) Click the Tools icon at the top right.
3) In the list of Tools, click Internet options to proceed.
4) After this window appears, click on the ‘Delete…’ button.
5) Tick to select the browsing histories that you wish to remove from your browser. Click the Delete button at the bottom.
Done! You can now browse Internet Explorer faster and smoother.