How to Restart Mail Services?
Restart with WHM
- Firstly, go to WHM and login.
- Then, in the top left search field, type “restart”.
- Select “Mail Server (Exim)” from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, to restart, select Yes.
- Wait for the restart to finish. The IMAP Server (Courier/Dovecot) service should then be restarted using the same approach.
Restart through Commands
After you’ve logged in to the server remotely, type in the line below.
(replace service with the name of the service: exim, named, proftpd, httpd, etc.)
You can also use the system to restart mail services. The location of the files is determined by the operating system you are using. Many distributions can be found in the /etc/rc.d/init.d/ directory.
You can use the following commands to restart this way:
(replace service with the name of the service: exim, named, proftpd, httpd, etc)
To get a list of all the services that can be restarted by the system, type the following command:
If the service still doesn’t work after restarting, look at the error log. To check Apache’s error log, for example, type: