How to Change SMTP port in MS Outlook 2003?
This tutorial will show you how to alter the SMTP port in Outlook 2003. Please take the steps outlined below.
- To begin, open Outlook and navigate to Tools -> Email Accounts.
- Click Next after selecting View existing email accounts.
- Next, double-click the email account and select More Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Advanced tab, where you’ll notice that the SMTP port is set to 25 by default.
- Click OK after changing it to 26.
- Finally, click Next and Finish to complete the process.
Enabling SMTP Authentication for MS Outlook 2003
- To begin, open Outlook.
- Next, go to Tools > E-mail Accounts…
- Then, under View or change email accounts, choose View or change email accounts.
- More options can be found by clicking More settings.
- Select the Outgoing Server tab after that.
- Make sure the box for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is checked. Check the “Use similar settings as my incoming mail server.” checkbox.
- Then, on the Advanced tab, make sure the Outgoing Port (SMTP) is set to 587 or 25 for non-SSL and 465 for SSL.
- Then press the OK button. Click Next. Finally, press the Finish button.