Configuring Outlook 2011 for Mac
Create a New Email Account
- To begin, navigate to Outlook > Preferences.
- Next, go to the Personal Settings area and select Accounts.
- For the account type, choose Other email.
- Fill in your email address, password and any personal information.
- Next, enter your username, account type (IMAP is preferable) and server data. Then select Add Account from the drop-down menu.
- You can now send and receive emails from your account. To ensure that the sending function works, you’ll need to change the outgoing mail server settings.
- Select Use input server from the More Options menu.
- Finally, press OK.
Enable SMTP Authentication
After you’ve created the account, you’ll need to enable SMTP authentication.
1. To begin, go to the Tools menu.
2. Select Accounts from the drop-down menu.
3. Select Email Account from the drop-down menu.
4. Select More options from the menu.
5. Select Use Incoming Server Info from the Authentication drop-down box.
6. Finally, press the OK button.