How to change the password of your cPanel account
You might occasionally want to alter the password for your account. Changing your password at least once a month is advised. It is also advised to use alphanumeric characters in the password to make it more difficult to decipher.
For security purposes, the login credentials for your billing section are distinct from those for the cPanel hosting control panel. Your cPanel User ID and cPanel password are used to log in to cPanel. (Not your email address or password for the client area)
Changing cPanel Password through cPanel
1. Firstly, login to the cPanel.
2. Next, click Change Password.
3. In the box to the right of Old Password, provide your old password.
4. In the box to right of New Password, provide the new password. This password should contain uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as numbers and non-numeric symbols. (example. aB3#$f^&G*1)
5.In the box to the right of New Password (again), provide the password once again for verification.
6. Do NOT uncheck the box for “Allow MySQL password change”. (This does not reset any passwords for your database users; rather, it keeps you able to login to phpMyAdmin and Fantastico De Luxe via cPanel.)
7. Lastly, click the Change your password button.
You have now just changed your password. Before you proceed, you will be prompted to log back into cPanel.
Still Not Able to Login?
If you still cannot login:
1. Be sure you are using the primary email address (the email you gave us during sign-up).
2. Enter your email address in all lowercase.
3. Remember that the password is case sensitive. Make sure your caps lock is off.
4. Be careful when you copy & paste. It is easy to inadvertently copy extra blank space at the beginning or end of your password.