Step 1. Login to VestaCP
- Firstly, open any browser and search for vestacp.com.
- Secondly, insert your username and password and click login.
Step 2. Enable SSL
- After login, click ‘WEB’ on the top of the page.
- Then, click ‘Edit’.
- Leave the ‘Aliases’ box blank.
- Tick the ‘SSL Support’ check box.
- Then, tick the ‘Lets Encrypt Support’ checkbox.
- If you want to add web statistics to monitor your website, choose ‘awstats’ in the drop down options under the ‘Web statistics’.
- Next, click ‘Save’.
- Go to ‘WEB’ and you will see you already have you SSL certificate. Click ‘Edit’ again to see your expiration date for your SSL.
Step 3. Check your SSL
- Open your browser and type your domain name inside the browser and press Enter.
- You will see the padlock symbol beside your domain name. This shows that your connection is now secure.
Step 4. Adding Database to your website
- On the top of VestaCP page, you will see the USER, WEB,DNS, MAIL etc. Click the ‘DB’.
- Click the ‘+’ green circle sign .
- Then, fill the form in the adding database form.
- Don’t forget to copy the generated password.
- After that, click ‘Add’ button and you already success adding the database.
Step 5. Install FTP Software (FileZilla)
- Firstly, open the browser. Type the filezilla-project.org.
- Then, click Download FileZilla Client. This will lead you to another page.
- Click the green button with ‘Download FileZilla Client’.
- A window will pop up and just click ‘Download’. The download will automatically started.
- Open the installation file and complete the installation by click next and finish.
Step 6. Connect to Server
- Firstly, start the FileZilla.
- Next, insert the hostname, username and password. And then click ‘Quickconnect’.
- Lastly, click ‘OK’ on the ‘Insecure FTP Connection’ pop up window.
- You are now connected to the server.
Step 7. Install WordPress
- Open the web browser and go to wordpress.org.
- Then, click the ‘Get WordPress’ button.
- Click ‘Download WordPress 5.2.4’ and the download will start.
- After that, go to download folder and extract the file that downloaded just now.
- Back to FileZilla and make sure that the remote site show this: /web/yourdomain/public_html
- Next, open the downloads folder in FileZilla and open the wordpress folder.
- Select all files in the wordpress folder. Right click and select upload. It is uploading the wordpress files into the public HTML.
- After the file transfer is finish, go to your domain name on browser.
- You will see your wordpress setup on your webpage. This indicate that you already success installing the WordPress.
Step 8. Setting Up the WordPress
- Firstly, choose your language and click continue.
- Next, click ‘Let’s go!’.
- Copy your database name from your VestaCP and paste to database name field in the WordPress page.
- Then, enter the password that is generated in VestaCP just now.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- Click ‘Run the installation’.
- After that, fill in the form in the Information Needed form and click ‘Install WordPress’.
- Now, your wordpress have successfully installed. Click ‘Login’ and this page will lead to the WordPress login page.
- Now you can edit your website in the WordPress.