How to setup your remote access key in WHM
If you wish to have a script automatically connect to your WHM in order to create new accounts, delete existing accounts, etc., you’ll need a remote access key.
- Firstly, log into WHM.
- Next, click Setup Remote Access Key.
- The remote access key is subsequently an arbitrary string of alphanumeric characters. You can have a script that connects to WHM execute operations that you would typically need to log into WHM for if you copy this key and put it into the script.
- After that, you may need to reset your remote access key when setting up a new script.
- Then, scroll down a little.
- Lastly, click the Generate New Key button.
- The remote access key has been reset, and is shown at the bottom.