What is Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x8000ccc0f?
By reading this article, you will learn about what is Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x800ccc0f. The information in this Guide article applies to:
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2002, Microsoft Outlook 2000, Microsoft Outlook Express 6 for Windows, Microsoft Outlook Express 5.5 for Windows
Symptoms of Error
One of the following error messages could appear when you attempt to send and receive email:
To begin with, the server could not be located. Account:account name, POPserver:mail, error code 0x800ccc0d
The connection to the server was stopped, according to error (0x800ccc0f) provided by task “server name – Sending and Receiving.” Contact your server administrator or Internet service provider if this issue persists (ISP). The server answered: “K”
Third, the connection was abruptly cut off by your server. How did it take place? Server issues, network issues, or a protracted period of inactivity are some potential causes of this.
Account: account name, Server: ‘server name’, Protocol: POP3,Server Response: ‘+OK’,Port: 110,Secure(SSL): N0,
Error Number: 0x800ccc0f
Cause of Error
When Outlook or Outlook Express is unable to connect to your email server, this error message appears.
Use one of the following strategies after that, depending on your circumstance, to get around this issue.
- Verify that your email server settings are correct first.
- Contact your Internet service provider (ISP) or system administrator for details on the proper settings for your email server.
- Second, you have the option to set up firewall software.
- However, set up your firewall programme such that the following files can access the Internet:
— Msimn.exe for Outlook Express
— Outlook.exe for Outlook
- Most email clients require inbound access on port 25, and outbound access on port 110 by default.
- The final approach is to look for additional suggestions on the Symantec website.
- You might need to perform additional configuration if you have the Norton antivirus e-mail capability active. The Norton antivirus email feature can now be used with Outlook or Outlook Express.